Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caesar Giving Displacements more than the allowed guide gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthanml

Mechanical
May 6, 2012
AE
Hi,

We have given a guide gap of 3 mm at a particular node to restrict the lateral movement of 6" pipe. However after analysis, the same node is showing a lateral displacement of 3.079 mm. There is no issue with the restraint definition.

What can be the possible issue here?.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aside, of course, from posting in the wrong forum, the issue here, in my opinion, is trying to use CAESAR II to build a watch.

Piping analysis software has always been a coarse tool for engineering analysis.

CAESAR is one of the best on the market

A difference of 0.079 mm (the thickness of a single coating of paint) does not make any difference.

Suggest that you post your question on the company COADE website.

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

There is a Caesar forum here: forum775

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

Move CaesarII, or the nearest supports, 3.079mm in the same direction. But before you do that, first you must bridge the often extremely large gap between mathematical theory and engineering.

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

Probably a negative movement in the gravity case. Then a positive movement in the thermal case. The thermal movement will then be the absolute sum of the two, therefore greater than 3mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back