Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAM "All cut faces must belong to the part geometry" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggum

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2019
HU
Hi,
I have a cam setup, wave linked body added to Workpiece geometry group.
There is another body extacted from the wave linked body, and some more auxiliary bodies.

How do You order Your workpieces' bodies of in the feature navigator? Groups? Layers?
I tried creating a group, with all the bodies my workpiece need, and during Part selection I select this Group instead of bodies.
But when I change the group, the workpiece do not updates.. How do You keep Your work trackable for other users? Is this manual job?

When selecting cut areas, how could I filter the faces of the bodies that belong to my workpiece?
Is there a fast way to show only the bodies I need?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think I saw one of your earlier posts that was similar, it had to do with managing multiple bodies, extra stock certain surfaces, etc-.

You can have multiple bodies selected for a workpiece and there can be multiple workpieces at the same level in the ONT but I don't think we can have multiple workpieces as parent-children in the ONT. IPW's can be used for other workpieces too. There are some docs in NX which covers the latter; for example a tombstone fixture with many of the same part but with different rotations for nesting purposes but all use the same program.

There are a couple things which may help you. We can have separate stock amounts for cut area sets and starting in NX 1847 we can select non-part faces for cut area. This is especially helpful for covering holes or adding faces to aid in applying extra stock very specifically as well. For example you can add extra stock to a cut area face but if you want extra stock on only a portion of a face then you can add faces to the cut area that do not belong to the workpiece.

NX 12.0.2
Testing 1899
EVP's

Thanks again for Your attention and help.

Yes, similar topic, but not the same.
My question here is that if I add some of the bodies (of the prt) to the workpiece, how can I avoid during cut area selection (of ie. a floor-wall operation) so that faces of other bodies are included and get the above error message. You're right, he didn't really complain in 1876, he just made it to NX12 when 1876 didn't want to work..

How should I group the solids (and the components needed for machining: vices, machines) so that the things that belong to another setup do not disturb when they are not needed to be showed? Should I send them to a layer? or a Group?

That separate stock amount looks good to me, similar functionality that powermill has.

I would use layers for everything, that way it will be easy to select only the solids and faces you with to use.

NX 12.0.2
Testing 1899
EVP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back