CANBus interface circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubong

Electrical
Oct 14, 2014
CA
Hi

I have some motors that can run using CANBus protocol. Type of CAN they use is Raw CAN where it has just a CAN High and a CAN Low and a 120 ohm resistor to terminate.

I don't have a board that can send CANBus signal yet, and I really love to be able to create one.

Could you please guide me to a tutorial or website that can show me how to create a circuit board that can allow CANBus protocol communication.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why not just buy one? The amount of time it would take you to create one from scratch would cost 100 times and engineer's salary than it would to just buy one off of the shelf.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

the reason me wanted to do the start-from-scratch way is to learn how to design and implement embedded system. please do not advise me to buy off of the shelf because i have already done that for many years.

thanks

Well, we haven't known you for many years, or even many weeks, and we do not have your bio, so we cannot gauge your age or your ineptitude accurately.

... except by the principle that people who have done boards from scratch tend to buy off the shelf whenever possible, as a result of lessons learned at considerable cost.

I suggest that you start with a standalone isolated embedded system of some sort. Presence of a CANBus interface suggests that you want to connect to, >and may possibly unintentionally harm<, connected devices that you do not wish to replace. E.g., if your CANBus connected device burns your new car to the ground, you still have to make the payments.

That said, good luck and have fun with your project.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

As recommended above, TI has some great eval boards for their micros that include can. These are great reference designs, as you can write the code for them and try them (alpha), and then add the features that you need to your own hardware (beta).

Or if you want to talk directly to your motor over a usb port, there are lots of usb can adapters. We like IXXAT around here.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back