Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot manipulate datum in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately that doesn't work. It will snap to either the left or the right side of the symbol, but not the center.

Under normal operation, it will function exactly like you showed in the AVI in that post... but some parts that I have to work on don't operate like that. I have to assume that some random setting is changed with those parts in particular that is causing this behavior.

Even more odd, I have a few files where on Sheet 1, the Datum Symbol feature acts completely different than on Sheet 2 on the same file.

Edit -> Annotation -> Origin

Turn off the Associative option and change it to Point Constructor then pick a random point onscreen then you should be able to drag it. If the dimension moves, so will the Datum symbol, so I'd use the Associative option with X & Y distances from the base dimension or FCF, as shown in the video (near the end). If the dimension moves around during updates, you will probably have to do this again if you keep the origin associative in any way.

Datum_origin.zip

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back