Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can't select dimension entity on drawing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1423

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
US
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to select the second entity for a drawing dimension?
I am always able to select the first entity, but never the second.
I have checked my filters and point selection and they are fine.
What I end up doing is copying a dimension on the drawing and reassociating it, and it works, but this is getting frustrating. I have no idea what the problem is.
I am on NX1899

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What type of dimension are you trying to place (inferred, angular, point to point, etc)?
I've been caught out a few times because dialog memory set it to "perpendicular"; with this option one of the picks must be a planar or linear entity. When I changed it to inferred, it was back to what I'm used to.

www.nxjournaling.com

It happens with any type of dimensioning.
I just noticed something.
Look at the below picture and where the arrows are pointing.
Why the difference?

Capture_mkcfgw.jpg

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

The green check means that an object is selected, the red star means that the 2nd selection has not happened yet. Click on the "select second object" text in the dialog to highlight that step and see if it lets you select anything.

The method is set to "driving", are you in a drafting sketch? Are you trying to select existing geometry in the view? If you are using the old drafting view type (pre NX8.5 exact), you might need to extract curves to keep it associative; use the newer "exact" view type if possible.

www.nxjournaling.com

try hitting the Loop reset in the upper right-hand of the dimension box, and reset it back to the defaults. 2X on Cowski Method set to driving comment.

This morning when I hit the reset loop everything worked fine for me.
I did not realize that I was in the driving mode, and therefore creating a sketch dimension.
Thank you both for your help !

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back