Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Select for Assembly Constraints, NX 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl79

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2011
US
OK, so everything was fine in my assembly until I changed the width of a bracket. Some mates broke due to how the assembly was constrained but when I try to fix them with any sort of assembly constraint my cursor will only highlight a body. I can't grab any features to actually mate. Even worse is it now does this in every single assembly I open. My selection filter is off. I've closed and reopened NX/Teamcenter several times and restarted my computer. Pretty stumped here and could really use some help...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Turns out our default loading criteria has been changed to a lightweight loading. Specifically loading with only the "load interpart data" box fixed it.

Yea, that'll work, but you're killing flies with a sledgehammer [hammer]

You'd be better off leaving your Load Options set with 'Use Partial Loading' and 'Use Lightweight Representations' toggled ON but with 'Load Interpart Data' toggled OFF, but not until after you've gone to...

Customer Defaults -> Assemblies -> Site Standards -> Lightweight Representations

...and toggled ON the 'Load Smart Lightweight Data' option at the bottom of the page. This way the system will AUTOMATICALLY load the necessary extra 'face & edge' data, but ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT, during operations like creating/editing Assembly Constraints. This will be much more efficient in terms of performance and memory usage than always loading all the interpart data as that is overkill in the vast majority of situations.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back