Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrier HAP program - data entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinniPEng

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2004
CA
Hello,

When entering data into HAP, we usually first do a take-off from the drawing, using Excel to keep track of the properties of each space. Entering the data from Excel into HAP is often very time-consuming, if there are many spaces.

Looking through the files in the HAP program directory, it appears as though the data that gets entered into the HAP program is stored in the file:

C:\E20-II\projects\[projectname]\hap41inx.mdb,

which can be opened by MS Access. Has anyone on here ever successfully attempted to enter the data in an Access database, and then load into HAP? If it were able to work, we could just copy and paste from Excel into Access. When I try to open the hap41inx file, it says that the file was created with a prior version of Access, and needs to be converted. If anyone here uses HAP and has a version of Access earlier than 2000, could you give it a try and let me know if this works, and I'll try to hunt down that earlier version of Access?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe you have a point here, but I never found the data entry too difficult or cumbersome. I always use to group the spaces into categories which have similar data inputs. Then, I just duplicate the space and change only the relevant fields. This way, it speeded up data entry.

I also have Access 2000. Will try and see if it's a different version at home.

HVAC68

I opened it. It looks like more trouble than it's worth to mess with. I don't know why you enter everything in excel first. I measure from a drawing as I input directly into hap and sometimes outline the space and write the square footage on the drawing for reference. Haven't had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back