Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

casting model won't blend..Mapping error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimrivers

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2011
US
I am working on turning a machined part into a casting NX7.5, I have not done any casting parts in about ten years. I have ONE troublesome edge that will not take an edge blend. I believe I know the cause, probably a sketch where an arc and a line meet to make a bit of a point instead of a smooth transition. I am trying to edit the sketch to smooth out that transition but I get a mapping window which I do not understand what it wants from me, I searched help and could not find an example. I am not pleased with the model as a whole. I am under the gun to get this out to the shop for a model or I would start from scratch..all i need is one place smoothed out and I am on my second day of wrestling this one edge..:( Can anyone explain this edit sketch mapping dialog?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

when it's aking to map it's asking you to re select your edges (for start points, gaps, etc) so your downstream features know what to look for it's worked pretty well the few times i've used it, but to tell you the truth, I usually just execute past it and manually fix any errors that pop up. Which tends to be few because I almost always have tangent edges on and I have an general idea of what the edit will effect.

Thanks for the reply..I did use tangent.There is three different sketches to carve away material aroung a boss like feature. I made each of the sketch arcs/ curves tangent at the point they intersect. A time restraints is forcing me just to make a fourth sketch to smooth out that area which seems like a hokey way to solve a teeny tiny fraction of a millimeter size edge that will not blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back