Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia 3DX: Is there a way to see who the last person was to save your file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Plank

Aerospace
Feb 25, 2022
US
For whatever reason, if you have a lead role in 3DX, you can save any part you want to, even if you don't own that part. At least that's how it works with our version of the software. I need to know if there's a way to see who the last person was who saved your file. I doubt there's a way to save your work, since when they save a new version of your part, the version you have open is now obsolete and won't save. It would be nice to know who it was so you can go let them know that they need to be more careful when saving.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Sam,
I am not sure could it be that I saw "Last modified by" in properties of the part but have to check that since I am out of the office. What I advise you is to lock your part that you are working on by "Reserve" option in ENOVIA Workbench, that will prevent people to save or change maturity of the part.

If you can open the product in ENOVIA / Collaboration and Approvals (the old-style web app), you can click on the history link and get all kinds of records. Up in the header on the page, there's a link next to the word 'Modified.' Clicking on this will give the records of changes to the Product, in particular changes to Product Attributes. Changes to the attributes may or may not coincide with changes to the 3DShape.

I second the recommendation to use Reservation to prevent accidental overwrites. This works really well. It's possible to set your system up to allow users (Leader anyway) to use the Unreserve function, which would allow you to be super "collaborative" but still prevent accidents.

Thanks Azzazil & MarkAF! Azz, I'm not seeing a 'last modified by' property, is that one I have to turn on in the preferences maybe? Also Mark or Azz, you might have to walk me through getting to the 'reserve' function. My catia abilities are pretty good, but having to deal with anything other that designing things in 3D, and I'm lost...haha

I think you'll need to talk to your Administrator / Support People / VAR / whoever does training for this stuff. It's not really something to dive into without some background. But, here's a page from DS online help docs that points to the corner of the system I've referred to, in the web apps, not the native CAD program.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://help.3ds.com/2022x/English/DSDoc/WebAppClassicUserMap/aef-c-tabularpages.htm?contextscope=onpremise&id=d4a31ca724174771ac1da269a8f6dd37[/url]

This all changes a little with each release version, and it might even be different on the cloud vs. on premise. My experience has be exclusively on premise.

Sorry for late reply, I was wrong you don't have "Last modified by", there is only "Last modification".
Here is picture how to navigate to "Reserve".

Reserve_oijfmy.png

Lifecycle_g8jgbs.png

And in properties last modification:
Last_modified_kihfpw.png

Alrighty! Our system is down right now, so I gave the web app a go and found the history you were talking about MarkAF...thanks! Some parts stop showing who last edited the part last month when we know it had been saved yesterday, is there a reason why it doesn't show the most current save? I messed with filters, and nothing helped.

So it *appears* that the info on that iteration list isn't the history of the 3d shape, but it might be the level above it in the part tree. Is there a way to find just the history of the 3d shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back