Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Catia R19 - Bracket 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Ferdo,
I'd like to create a full parameterized Bracket, using no faces from the original Bracket.
The one that has been attached is just for reference.
Imagine that you go to an interview tube-test and get the Bracket attached as a reference.
You need to create your using the one given only as a visual model……….

MZ7DYJ

I did not see the model as I can not download on my workstation.

Here is the questions and points you shoud know before modelling

1) Get the DATUM-1 DATUM-2 DATUM-3 from the bracket and start desinging from them.
2) You must understand the whole purpose of bracket. To set up you model structure
3) You blank development shoud be simple anf be able to fit the standatd sheets available in the market

and many more......

If you do not have sheetmetal license, get the middle surface generated and thick and go from there.

var

Hi appvid,

I do not have any problem in creating a new part using the old one!
I was interested in building the new bracket, from scratch, using Part Design only.

MZ7DYJ

There is no such option in catia

when i say middle, I ment nutral axis. sorry for confusion (see this pic. ). this is imaginary line for calculations

This is just an idea how earlier genaration used to do on boards with drafters. Because you do not have sheetmetal license, this approach gives you a chance to calculate whole balmk developement.

var

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=84ce972a-9e04-4b91-a80b-75b206a661b5&file=Bend.jpg
appvid ,
There is an option like that (middle surface generated) in NX.
That's way I thought that Catia may have it as well.........

MZ7DYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back