Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 Assembly Analysis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

156Alpha

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2010
AP
Can any help with how to create a catia assembly analysis file?
I am able to create a single part and work through the analysis but not sure how to go about the assembly of other compents.
Help!!

Alpha

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

156Alpha

To perform Assembly stress analysis, you absolutely need the GAS Liscence. This allows you to create connection between the parts of your assembly. Without that liscence, you won't be able to do it.

Hi Flambter,
Thanks for the response, we are running GAS the problem i face is that i get the assembly into the analysis work bench but i am not sure how to connect the 2 parts together. I have read all the catia help menus but to no success, was hopping for some clear instructions on the correct method.

It seams that you need to connect the parts using the Analysis Connections & Connection Properties but unsure of the process.
In the file i only have 2 parts and one pivoting about a point from all that i hear it should be easy but unfortunatly i`m not seeing the fun in it.
Help!!
Thanks
Alpha

GAS connections consist of two parts a connection and a property
The connection can be an assembly constraint or an analysis connection.
To the connection/constraint you apply a property to tell it how the conection behaves.

Read the documentation for each property you are wanting to use as this will tell you how it behaves and what it requires in its connection.

I agree with PeterGuy,

Use general analysis connection and then use rigid (kind of RBE2, smooth (kind of RBE3) or user defined where you can input stiffness if you know them.

You also have distant properties (rigid, smooth, userdefined, bolts) and closer properties (contacts, sliders, etc.)

So whether you want to simulate fasteners or other properties, you choose the appropriate properties.

Thanks again to all.
And yes got it all to work once i understood the properties connection all work fine.

In fact i had all the kinmatics set up and applied the properties BINGO!

Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back