Catia V5: Holes Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea75

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2009
ES
Dear all,
I have an idea and I'd like to know if you think it is posible to automate it.
I want to set the paremeters of holes choosing them from a combobox, before creating the hole.
The procedure of the automation should be like this.
* Click (or double click) on a combo box and choose the type of hole from it. for examble:
- Ø5 - UP TO LAST
- M5 - UP TO LAST
- ISO 4762 ALLEM M5 SOCKET CAP - UP TO LAST
- ISO 10642 ALLEM M5 SOCKET COUNTERSUNK HEAD - UP TO LAST
- Ø6 - UP TO LAST
- M6 - UP TO LAST
- ISO 4762 ALLEM M6 SOCKET CAP - UP TO LAST
- ISO 10642 ALLEM M6 SOCKET COUNTERSUNK HEAD - UP TO LAST
* click on the surface where's the hole will be placed
* When the Hole Dialog box is open all the parameters are automaticaly filled acoording to the selection made previusly
* if double click was done at first the Hole commend should be stay active as always

Any idea or tip for face this?
Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Alternatively, you can create a PowerCopy, which as part of the original hole definition requires equivalent geometry in the receiving part to be selected to instantiate the hole feature.
It is also possible to 'Publish' parameters of the hole in the PowerCopy definition process so that they can be modified during the instantiation process if required.

Think of the 'PowerCopy' as a 'generic variable hole type template' feature that you can adjust during the process of adding it to your model, except for the 'Type' limits e.g. Upto Last, etc.

PowerCopy capability requires no additional license, and the resulting e.g. Hole feature, can be modified after instantiation if you wish.

PowerCopy_-_Hole_wj7iqv.jpg

Interesting!
I'll investigate and learn about Power-copies.
I heard about it but I never tried.
Thanks for the tip
Kind regards ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back