Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catia v5 r18 p3 - windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

666vito

Industrial
Jul 23, 2007
IT
I use catia v5 r18 p3 and I have on my pc windows xp, can I have problem if I use windows vista?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure? I will buy a new notebook with 4 giga of Ram without windows vista there is uselles.. do you know if exist a version of catia v5 that can work under vista?

Haven't heard any date when Catia will support Vista, this is a generel problem with Vista due to they only support DirectX and not OpenGL that business applications use.

It's not useless with 4gig ram, just see if you can get XP64 instead, Catia supports XP64 and there you will have an advantage with 4 gig ram.

Has anybody here heard about a date or Catia release to support Vista????

Heard something that the issue is the ICD that should be delivered from the graphic card manufacturers. If no OpenGL ICD is not installed then vista will render in software mode.

Yeah i'm sure, i run x64 at work and vista at home. Both machines are same spec. Only problem i have is having large assemblies open. Manupulation of the models is sluggish. I mostly design, assemble and 5 axis NC program for aerospace. Vista struggles with MSG also. CATIA doesn't crash any more or less on vista for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back