Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V5R9 RUNTIME ERROR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbtx

Industrial
Dec 2, 2002
US
hI,

I have runtime exeption error when i run v5r9 or v5r10

Somebody can help me

Thk

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Warning with the CATSettings !!
You should create a different directory for every version CATIA. Is it the case ? Pascal
Business Partner CATIA V4 & V5
but beginner in English language
plambert@rgb-technologie.fr

Hi catiaman,

Yes and no, I try a version v5r9, i work with 20 minutes drawing part design after that runtime error.

I uninstall r9 and try a release of the v5r10 same problem. I try to open adutocad drawing with it, it open the catia desktop with drawing tool...runtime error.

I know i don't have a certified computer, i have

PIII 600
256mRam
20 gig hdisk
PowerColor XpertColor ati rage 128 32meg.
Win 2k

my hard disk have 4 partitions, maybe i don't have enought free space.

What i want is to expériment this version correctly with this pc if its possible.

I'm planning to by a IntelliStation M pro with Nvidia 980XGL or a Wildcats videocard.

A friend of mine are planing to by catia and a the resaler said that is not a obligation to by certified computer to work properly.

Thank for help!

1.check for your computers'date!!
your computers'date may be different from current date...

2. check for your hard format method..
recommand ; NFTS

Thank for the information,

The date is correct and the HD are in ntfs.

Maybe it is the ram or semething like that. Or the video card.

But thanks for your support!

Thank chriso,

A lilltle bit better, but my system crash after drafting and move the origine of the (viewer UCS).

RBTX

I have run Catia on a P3 with only 8Mb Video on board. It worked fine. Drafting however does use alot more resources of your machine. R10 should solve alot of performance issues, but as for crashing?????? Have you unistalled and reinstalled Catia? Is there any other software that is using system memory etc? Shut everything and only run Catia....how does this work?

Hi chriso,

Now it better. but i have another problem wen i check the integrety i found this missing file CATSettingsDialog2.CATNls

Witch CATSettings i have to delete?

Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back