Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cavity volume as an input (rather than pressure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biofriendly

Bioengineer
Jul 19, 2009
CA
Dear all,

I would like to model a closed cavity with incompressible hydrostatic fluid inside.

The cavity is deformed in the interaction between the internal fluid being which is increased in volume by adding new water (at a known rate) and the external elastic interactions. The pressure is being measured. I know how to model the problem using fluid elements, using *static, and cavity interaction, defining pressure as an input. However, I would like to have volume as a control parameter.

I looked around in the manuals but I havent found any straightforward so far. Any ideas guiding me to the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance...

A

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is an option to specify additional volume in a fluid cavity, maybe this could give you the form of control that you are looking for.

This option can be specified using added volume parameter for *Fluid cavity keyword. So it should look like this:

*Fluid cavity, name=…, ref node=…, behavior=…, added volume=magnitude_of_additional_volume

One more question: I added the keyword. Nothing happens regardless of the value I assign to it. I removed the cavity pressure BC. Additionally, how can I assign to it an amplitude (added volume rate)?

Check the documentation chapter "Analysis --> Analysis Techniques --> Special-Purpose Techniques --> Surface-based fluid modeling --> Fluid cavity definition", it describes these options in detail. However, amplitudes are not supported in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back