Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certified SolidWorks Tests now Online? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjason71

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2007
US
I noticed SWorks is now offering there CSWA and CSWP tests online and you can take them for free by requesting a voucher.

Has anyone received a voucher they had sent for? I am still waiting for mine (about a week).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So did you pass?

On a slightly different note, does anyone think that going to online testing will "cheapen" the CSWP? I was thinking that the test used to be longer, maybe all day? I'm certainly not trying to get into a discussion of what the absolute value is of getting a CSWP as that's been done to death. I'm just wondering about online vs. the old way.

First off, they give you 190 min. to complete the test. And no I didn't pass. After taking it I don't think that I was prepaired to take it. I had a lot of trouble raping my mind around the models that they have you recreate in solidworks. To me there wasn't enought info to draw some of them correctly.

B. Long
Dell Precision 380
P 4 2.80 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram
Solidworks Office 2007 Sp. 2.2
AutoCAD 2005

I was thinking the same thing handleman, if this new testing procedure would cheapen the certification. I think it depends on how easy it is to pass and if you truly need to be an SW pro in order to do so.

And from what draftsman101 has experienced it sounds like it is still very difficult.

Which core product though. Their list of questions appears to include questions about COSMOSDesigner, which only comes with the Premium seat. What if you want to certify and only own the Professional seat.

Well that should make the rest of my staff feel better about taking it. I'm the only one in the department with Designer experience, but we've all had basic Express experience. Thanks Jeff, a star for you.

No I didn't use the entire 190 min.. No they don't let you take it again on the free pass.

B. Long
Dell Precision 380
P 4 2.80 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram
Solidworks Office 2007 Sp. 2.2
AutoCAD 2005

I just received my voucher via email.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

I don't mind answering questions about '07 or '08... I can probably guess at those that are specific to those versions, but if I can't open models... I am hosed.

-Shaggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back