Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certified SolidWorks Tests now Online? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjason71

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2007
US
I noticed SWorks is now offering there CSWA and CSWP tests online and you can take them for free by requesting a voucher.

Has anyone received a voucher they had sent for? I am still waiting for mine (about a week).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has anyone tried recently to get a voucher or to sign up for an exam? I can't find any links that actually work to sign up at all.

I just completed the exam, and you don't download any models, so version doesn't matter. I will say that it is a very challenging test and I'm disappointed to say that I didn't pass it, though I came very close. I think for the moment I'll senttle for the CSWA and work toward the CSWP next time I can convince the company to shell out the cash.

Did it ask for serial number information when you logged in? I am considering taking the exam from home and don't want to have any issues with an obsolete number.

-Shaggy

What is the passing mark?

Probably this has been ask before: Are there any free resources on the web for self evaluating or preparing for this CSWP test?

Shaggy: No they don't ask for your serial number, they ask for some basic information about you and your company, the fact that you have a voucher code is good enough for the testing program.

dogarila: the passing mark is 150 out of 200, or 75%. And the practice exam I came across on SW's website wasn't anything like the exam I took yesterday.

draftsman: are you sure? I was hoping to apply for my Associates voucher and blow that away. I was close on the professional and the company here sure as hell isn't paying for me to take it again. But SW changed their customer portal around and I can't log in with just my SN anymore.

Is there any advice that can be given by the test takers to help the soon to be test takers prepare for the exam? I noticed somewhere on the SW site they mentioned to go through the essentials and advanced training manuals for a refresher, is that enough?

I would say that being able to build models that can be easily changed to fit new dimensions is a necessity. If I could go back and take the test again I would have refreshed on equations and dimensions controlled by design tables. I didn't use them yesterday when I took it and suffered for the lack of functionality. The test focuses on the ability of SW to change the model on the fly and still produce workable results and the designer's ability to build a model that can have critical dimensions changed without the model blowing up in their face.

Do you need to have SW installed on the pc you are taking the test on? My work pc is blocking the site to take the test. I can do the test from home, but I don't have SW installed at home.

Chris
SolidWorks 07 4.0/PDMWorks 07
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 10-07-07)
ctopher's blog

Jeff: you're right there isn't a need for design tables. But given that alot of the questions change dimensions on the base model DT's would make changes easier to control.

I recieved my voutures for both, the associate and profesisonal. I plan on taking the professional portion this weekend. I am having the wife and kids go away for the day. :)

B. Long
Dell Precision 380
P 4 2.80 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram
Solidworks Office 2007 Sp. 2.2
AutoCAD 2005

I screwed up Big Time. [cry] I found out the hard way that once you start the test there is no stopping. I was confused by the wording of the test, that suggested that one read through the entire test before starting. I did that, then stopped the test. [banghead]

That is not recommended. I guess the eternal optimist in me says, "Cheer -up, at least you made a perfect score: zero." [thumbsup2]

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

How long are these vouchers valid? I received a CSWA and a CSWP voucher as well. Is it worth it to take first the CSWA for practice, then try for CSWP?

TO my kowledge they are good until Nov.1 thoguh my VAr has had some confusion and has intmated to me that they are good to Dec 1. I wouldn't put my money on that information though. I'm betting that Nov. 1 is the cut off.

I'm wishing now that I had applied for both vouchers instead of just one. Then I could have walked away with something more than the little man with his head down.

Has anyone taken both test yet? How much longer do they give you to take the CSWP over the CSWA?

B. Long
Dell Precision 380
P 4 2.80 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram
Solidworks Office 2007 Sp. 2.2
AutoCAD 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back