Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change color of block 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cad123

Structural
Aug 15, 2002
VN
I want to change color of block , but I don't want redefine this block , and partner send to me object in block- color not by layer. Do you have any solution ? Help me

Thanks you so much
Best regard

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear cad123,
If you create the block elements in layer "0" and set their color to BYLAYER, inserting the block in each layer gives the color of that layer to block elements. Keep in mind that the CECOLOR system variable should be set to BYLAYER to set the layer's color to each new object.
:)
Farzad

I don't know if Farzad answered your question but why don't you wish to redefine the block? What are you afraid of losing? Redefining a block should only effect the linework not the attributes. But there is way to redefine these too.

At this point, seems like the block needs to be done over if the colors aren't bylayer.

Rich

Thanks for your help
But I don't want redefine block because I'm not sure how the partner do before, if I redefine it is not good. Do you have any lisp routine to change color of block automatic, I'm try to write but it not easy, last week I try cadaddon it good but I only need change color of block.

Best regard,
cad123

In AutoCAD 2000:

View>Toolbars

Select Refedit then close.
Then select the far left icon (edit Block or Xref) in the toolbar.
Select the block to be edited. Then OK.
Now select the items you wish to edit within the block then right click or hit the enter key.
The items you selected are now highlighted and editable.
When finished select the far right icon (save back changes to reference) and the block will be updated.

This will work on one block at a time only.

Steve Smith
Product Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.

If you create a block with color = byblock instead of bylayer. That will give you the option of changing the color or linetype of an individual block. Now to answer the original question. Cad123 do you want to change the color of a single block or do you want to change the color globally on all the blocks of the same name? I have lisp routines that will do either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back