Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change drafting sheet name to attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBaumann

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2013
US
Currently all of my new drafting sheets come in as Sheet "Sheet 1". Is there anyway to get this to show up as an attribute-1 instead? So if I had an attribute with a value of BODY, my sheet names would be:

BODY-1
BODY-2

and so on. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not possible (see image)
2014-08-20_10-09-19_zps9c7518f6.jpg

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.2, NX10 Beta

Well I don't see an image, but that's fine. I highly doubt it is "impossible" as we somehow do it right now in NX5. The problem that I'm having is figuring out how they accomplished this. As I configure NX9, I need to come up with a solution to this problem. Anybody have an idea?

No and that is what is really confusing me. Somehow it uses either an attribute or something of the sort to name the first sheet. The rest follow suit but it looks like just straight text to me. I'm not sure if there is some sort of code that names the first sheet behind the scenes or how it is doing it. Really tricky.

In NX5, can you go, File -> Properties -> Attributes and edit an attribute that will then change the sheet names?

I've tested in NX5 and NX9 and there is no way I can find to use an attribute for the sheet name.
Any of the ways I know for adding an attribute for the sheet name are rejected with an error (see attached image).

What you may be referring to is the customer default for specifying the default sheet name (also in the attached image as to where that is set).

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.2, NX10 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back