Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Customer Parameters in Existing Drawing (NX3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytubby

Mechanical
May 12, 2007
GB
I have a drawing that I need to change the size of the Section Line arrow heads. I can change the setting via Preferences, Section Line Display, but none of the existing sections update and I can not go through and re-section everything. Is there a way of making UG update all the existing sections?

Also, when I click on the default button on the settings dialogue box, it reverts back to the old setting. Is it because the original .def has not changed yet and could this be causing the rest of the views not to update.

A better way for ourselves, if possible, is after changing the customer file, replacing the settings stored inside the drawing and then to have the drawing update automatically, as we may have a lot more changes to make with regards to font styles and line widths? Can this be done?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Click on "preferences" then "section line preferences". Select the section line you want to edit.
Edit the settings you want changed.
Then hit "apply.

You'll have to edit your ug_english.def file to ensure that subsequent section views have the section arrows you want.

Hope that helps!

Al

Terry,

To change display preferences of existing Section Lines, select the section line, then follow Agriego's instructions up to hitting the apply button.

NX3 does not use ug_english or ug_metric.def files anymore. File -> Utilities -> Customer Defaults is where to change the default settings for Section Line Display. Once they are changed, you have to restart NX in order for the new defaults to take effect (on NEW files only).

To change Section Line Display Preferences in an EXISTING file, click on Preferences -> Section Line Display Preferences then make changes to your defaults and click OK. Now all NEW section lines will now have the new settings.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

In the case of NX2, then I believe you will need to look at ug_english.def or ug_metric.def to change any customer defaults (which will affect new files).

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Again, thanks for the help.

I have now got the ug_metric.def file on to all of the UG machines (had to be set up as an admin to allow this as the file could not be over written!) Now I can go to the dialogue boxes mentioned above and click the defaults button and it changes the settings for new items. It's a bit of a pain for the items already existing, but at least I can still use the defaults button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back