Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Changing profiles... need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clymber

Mechanical
Jan 7, 2003
US
I recently started a new job, where the AutoCAD software defaults to "AutoCAD Architecture" instead of the plain vanilla AutoCAD (v. 2012). As I am a mechanical engineer and not an architect, I prefer the familiarity of the basic AutoCAD layout.

I discovered by selecting OPTIONS -> PROFILES tab, I could select the base AutoCAD profile and correct the problem. However, I need to do this every time I re-open AutoCAD.

Is there a way to fix this permanently?

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You want to change the workspace, not the profile. The little gear in the lower right corner. For vanilla AutoCAD you want "2D Drafting & Design." Or you can go to the Start Menu and pick "Open As AutoCAD" and drag & drop onto your desktop; that will always open in the right profile.

Right click on the shortcut you use to open autocad and select properties. Where it says target it will have something along the lines of
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2012\acad.exe" with extra stuff at the end.
Delete the extra stuff at the end and then give it a go with setting your profiles.

We had updated to 2012 from 2009 and it has been a pain. With 2012 when I go to "classic mode" the detail component manager is no longer available. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back