Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ChemCAD Heat Capacity Ratio Cp/Cv

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirschaplin

Petroleum
Jul 10, 2021
SE
Hello,

I am working in a compressor selection software and I have to enter the heat capacity ratio (K-value or Cp/Cv value) of my inlet gas stream to proceed with the selection. How can I get the Cp/Cv value for my inlet gas stream in ChemCAD 7?

The molecular weight and Cp value is given in the stream report and easy to fill:
k-value_u5mmql.png

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your feedback but that doesn't help me. I am out on deep water and I would like the program to give me the value without having to calculate myself since this is a bit outside my depth. Do you know if it is possible to get the program to give me the Cp/Cv value?

If I calculate R/Mw (8,314462618÷19,06) I get 0,4362 but I believe the correct Cp/Cv value should be between 1 and 1,7?

I resolved it. There is an option in ChemCAD to control which properties the stream report shall show.

In the top menu, navigate to report -> quick view -> customize property set -> then select the properties you want to have in the report.

Better to use the average of the Cp/Cv between compressor inlet and outlet from Chemcad.

For ideal gases, Cp/Cv = k = Cp /(Cp-R), where Cp = kJ/kgmole/degK and R=8.314kJ/kgmole/degK. In many cases, the ideal gas value for k is far from the real gas k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back