Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

chemical anchor selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed fouad

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2019
EG
hi guys, please i need some help. i am going to install a pump baseplate. i need your advice which chemical anchor should i select ? the complete pump weight around 1 ton . 4 holes diameter 30mm/each . please tell me recommended size of anchor and the embedded length. also if you can assign the anchor model like HILTI.

THANK YOU ALL

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd expect the OEM O&M manual specifies the fastener diameter.
The Ø30 mm holes probably are clearance holes for Ø24 fasteners to be used with nice thick washers.

And I'd be studying the manual for other important information regarding shimming and grouting the baseplate as well. As a start NO lEVELING NUTS UNDER THE BASEPLATE.

HILTI makes epoxy anchors that have high capacities. Which one you need depends on how you are mounting the pump, what loads it will see, etc. Once you determine the loads on the anchors HILTI bolts are pretty cook-booky.

Some manufacturers (HILTI, Simpson Strong-tie) have free anchor design programs which allow you to assign forces, connection geometry, etc. and look through anchoring options with their catalog including required epoxy, anchor size, spacing, embedment, etc.. This may be of help for you to choose an appropriate anchor for your application.

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with basic concrete anchoring checks (ACI 318 Appendix D, now Chapter 17 or similar) so you can verify the output from these programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back