Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

China Code / GB-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyspec

Mechanical
Dec 31, 2013
US
Hello,

For the design of heat exchangers, is welded pipe permitted? are welded tubes permitted?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The question is very vague, and I suspect there are very few members with knowledge of that code.
Recommend you look up the actual document.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Those familiar with the China Code for pressure vessels should know what I am talking about. Cost to have the document translated into English can be very expensive.

You are proposing to design to a Code you haven't read? Best of luck...

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

The PRC GB-150 is for the Pressure Vessel Code, and GB-151 is for the Heat Exchanger. The welded or SMLS tube requirements of different material can be found in the Material Chapter.

As for China code for S&T exchangers, the specific code is GB-151, and it is clearly specified in this code the welded tube is permitted with meeting code requirement. That is to say the code cited relevant welded tube standards shall be followed.

Back in the 70's or 80's the Chinese Government invited member of the National Board for an undetermined amount of time to their country. I don't have the itinerary and the subjects covered during that visit, however, I suspect that the Chinese Government was interested in the NB Unfired and Fired Pressure Vessel Codes, so I would not be surprised if the Chinese Unfired and Fired Pressure Vessel Codes were similar to that of the NB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back