Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Choke valve datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical
Feb 24, 2003
AE
I have to specify the process data for the choke valve.
The well is having the following conditions

2000 BPD oil with 0% water cut
4000 BPD oil with 50% water cut

In this case, oil is flowing from 3 wells which is combined in a local manifold near the 3 wells and one line is run to the separator/ inlet manifold
I know the line size and line length and the separator/inlet manifold operating pressure.

i modelled the same in the HYSIM with flow from and the choke valve and the piping modelled as pipe segment and terminated with a separator. i fed the operating pressure of the separator and as i have fed the flow , pressure at the upstream of choke valve and fedd all the data required for pipe segment to calculate the pressure drop.

But the model could not get the value of pressure at the choke valve discharge by adding the pressure drop in the piping and the operating pressure of separator to arrive at the choke valve downstream pressure.

when i run the size utility, i am able to get pressure drop for the pipe segments modelled

how to decide the optimummvalue of pressure drop across the choke valve for with/ without water cut and different separator operating conditions
could anyone resolve this

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

why don't you try to contact some choke valve suppliers. Most wellhead choke valves operate on mixed flow or multiphase conditions.
I'm sure they have sizing software to account for the water cut!.

Try Mokveld, a leading choke valve company in Europe.

RobV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back