Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Clean Agent System - Clarification Required. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv879

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2018
AE
The below specification id captured from master specification and being copy pasted in many projects. Now, can anyone explain me how the below highlighted 100% cylinder is going to work as an extra material if there are rooms with different volume.

Any input on this much appreciated. Thank You!

CAS_tars7n.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I take it we are talking for a gas system serving various rooms (zones) which are typically supplied through zone control valves. Assuming also that extinguishment is taking place only in one zone at a time. That would require from the designer to size the gas quantity based on the largest space or hazard. The rest of the zones will receive more than the required quantity bringing the O2 levels a bit lower. This, however, in general is not contrary to codes and standards, provided safety measures are taken (e.g. signage, alarms, discharge delay etc).

Based on the title of Section 1.7, the vendor is required to provide an amount of clean agent equal to 100% of the amount required to protect the largest hazard area. That's how I understand item 4.

I'm not really sure because clean agent systems are designed based on the volume of space, not area. Secondly, this is assuming only type of clean agent is provided. Third, the required amount of agent would be expressed as mass.

Would better refer it as 100% of design agent amount with more specific explanation about the trim depending of the system technology.

If possible delete that requirement or change it as a more specific ítem optional cost information depending on clean agent system. A normal fast bidder would interpret it as 2 times (cylinders and trim cost), and it may give complications comparing offers.

For example: on a Novec system a glass bottle with pure novec liquid for refuelling the system may fulfill, for a FM 200 an additional full tank with trim, for a Vortex500 system I would not know what to include for that line (tank of water and tanks of N2???).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back