Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close surface error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi,
Here is one more doubt. When i try to convert a complex surface to close surface to thick surface ,i often get errors. how do i rectify that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S: Error is often "non manifold geometry found ".

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no sure-fire way to say what is wrong, if you have access to it the "Healing Assistant" workbench can help in identifying and rectifying the problem regions.

There is a gap in your surface. You can spot it by turning on surface boundaries in your options (general/display/visualization). Or create a surface boundary curve and look for curve elements where they shouldn't be.

If you are using the "thick surface" function, you need to make sure that the boundaries and curvature of the surface selected is suitable for the offset value used. If you are getting a "non-manifold" error, the best thing to do is find the location of the error, and then carefully reconstruct the adjacent surfaces one by one to resolve the discontinuity error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back