Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Closing a single window in AutoCAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesPaul82

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2003
CA
I'm having an issue closing just one drawing/window at a time. When I close my current drawing AutoCAD attempts to close ALL open drawings in AutoCAD. It will bring up the "Save Changes.." dialogue box if there is a change or just close it without warning if there isn't a change. Then it will just close AutoCAD altogether.

Doing a search all I was able to find was some suggetions of changing SDI from 0 to 1 but that doesn't fix the issue. Thanks.

Sean
Carmanah Design & Manufacturing Inc.
Vancouver, BC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look into the SDI and STARTUP system variables.

SDI=1 One AutoCAD session per drawing, multiple drawings=a new session for each
SDI=0 One session of AutoCAD with multiple drawings open in it
STARTUP=0 Will display the select Template dialog box, or uses the default drawing template file set in Options
STARTUP=1 Starts session without opening a drawing template file, and displays the Startup or Create New Drawing dialog box
STARTUP=2 Starts session without opening a drawing template file

------------------------------
dwg to pdf

Thanks for the input.

shaggyco07: I understand the two x's. My issue is when I click on the bottom x, it closes AutoCAD completely.

TodPapillion: I've tried switching back and forth between these options too with no luck.

I think I'm going to try the old "reinstall" and see if there was some sort of issue during installation because I also get a crash when closing on occasion.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sean
Carmanah Design & Manufacturing Inc.
Vancouver, BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back