Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color and Texture of White Apple Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtootoonain

Mechanical
Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

Anybody knows what the colour code and texture code of the white Apple Products.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

patprimmer said:
Why would you need to know other than to make more convincing looking counterfeit products?

Maybe he just likes that color/texture and wants something similar for his own products.. I do it ALL the time.

Harry

It's not really that simple.

Most colour metres will not match under all lights. You need a full on spectrophotometer for that.

Also texture can have a significant effect. For example, the froth on the top of your beer is the same colour as the beer. It's the texture that's different.

Regards
Pat
See FAQ731-376 for tips on use of eng-tips by professional engineers &
for site rules

Pat, I know, but most colour labs know about metamerism (see! even me!!). You are correct though about finish as it may/will cause an apparent colour shift.

If like me, you have an eye lens replaced due a cataract, forget colour assessment. Plastic replacement lenses are water clear, unlike the natural lens which is browny-yellow. New lens makes all whites very bright and colours saturated - it's almost Technicolour!!

H

www.tynevalleyplastics.co.uk

Got nothing to say? - say it on Facebook®

Hi guys,

Thank you for replies. As Pat mentioned, I am not looking for exact colour and texture of the Apple products. I am looking for a good approximation. My moulder did a relatively good and I got some decent imitation. I thought maybe I can improve on that.

Harry.

I ran a colour lab for about 7 years so I have a bit of history on the abstract concept of colour and people trying to attribute concrete values to it. My eyes probably ain't what they used to be either.

Regards
Pat
See FAQ731-376 for tips on use of eng-tips by professional engineers &
for site rules

patprimmer said:
I hope you're not confusing me with mcgyvr... ;-) Unless it just so happens his name is Dan, too, but then that would be just a bit creepy.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back