Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

combining excel and mathcad 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjjustine

Chemical
May 19, 2003
GB
Can someone help me to learn how to combine excel and mathcad? It should be simplied as possible. It would also help if you give an exemple.
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Another question on this one... This one should be pretty basic.

I just want to display my MathCAD results in table format. It looks like the Excel component may be the only, or at least the best, way to do this. Can someone show me how to do this? I'm quite new to MathCAD so I will need fairly detailed instructions.

Thanks in Advance...

What are you trying to display?

The matrix output can be changed to a table format by double-clicking the matrix and selecting the Display Options tab and changing the Matrix display style to Table. This can also be done for the entire sheet by selecting the menu item for Format|Results

TTFN

I want some of the cells to display MathCAD values, others text, and others left blank. Can I do that in a Matrix?

I was not able to get a menu to show by double-clicking on the matrix, any ideas?

OK, is there a way to strip the units off the MathCAD values before entering them in the matrix?

I still havn't been able to find the menu that allows me to convert the matrix to table format. I can only find the properties menu that allows me to outline or highlight it. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back