Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare 2 Catia v5 drawings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymylepire

Automotive
Jan 4, 2007
US
Hi all,
I am aware there is a way to compare two v5 drawings with DMU 2D viewer. But I heard it could be done without that DMU license and acts like the v4 line on line. Does anyone knows about it ?
Thanks
Myriam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

A quick answer which come in my head is to transform some views in 2D components and superpose on the corresponding views from the other drawing.....

Regards
Fernando

I can follow up with another top of the head idea, save one drawing as cgm or svg (vectorized) and use insert picture on the other drawing to insert the cgm/svg.

Hi,
Both of your techniques work. The tool I am looking for is a compare icon, or something like that, which you put everything same in color A, color B for different on dwg 1 and color C for different on dwg 2. I think Catia has this tool only in DMU. Does anyone use it ?
Myriam

Hi,
I use that comparing tool regularly for checking changed portions on different versions of a drawing. First I create a cgm file from the initial drawing that should be changed with Save as, then I open it with catia. During the update I made an other cgm file from the already updated drawing. For recognising mistakes I switch to the opened cgm file, the DMU toolbar is activated, I click to comparing drawings commmand, then I choose the cgm made secondly. According to the default settings common lines become blue, added portions green and removed change to red color. Colors can be changed afterwards easily.
That is a great tool anyway, I have only one problem with it. I haven't find a way to save or print the result. I tried to make a capture of it, but the result is not vectorized so the printing quality cannot be proper.
Does anybody know a way to print it?
THX in advance

Hi Hzulu,
The sales guy didn't quite understand what we got here, so yes, he was talking about the DMU 2D viewer.
Now, we have the wrong license to try the tool! Anyways, he did a demo and there is a tool in 2D viewer for you to annotate and take screen grabs. I am not sure if you can do a save as pdf (or something else) of the compare result file. That is a good question, I will let you know if I find out.
Myriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back