Compounding for injection molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oksitocin

Chemical
Nov 20, 2013
MK
Hi there,

We are new in the injection molding technology. Our experience in compression molding is big and resourceful but when it comes to injection molding we are at the beginning.

So i would like to now if anyone can recommend me some good literature or course for compounding of the rubber that is used for injection molding.

I suppose that the compounds we use for compression molding are good to use for injection molding as well,but if anyone has some experience to share please tell.

As we are located in a country where we don`t have any resource when it comes to rubber i would appreciate any advice you may have.
We have machines such as a 35L mixer, a 2 roll calender and ODR Rheometer that we use for mixing and quality control, but we need a little bit theory to improve our production.
Thanks

Compounds for compression aren't necessarily good for injection too.

Viscosity should be low enough to ensure short injection times without scorching the rubber. Ts2 value should be high enough to have a safe window to inject the rubber and completely fill the mould.

I would propose to check if the producers of the injecting presses offers courses. I know DESMA does (but at a price).

compounds used for molding can be used on injection molding with minor adjustement.< But normally problems on injection molding appear on mold design and compound flux. It is necessary a study on gates and runner of your mold

Thanks a lot - luckily our compound showed great results on injection molding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back