Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

controlling humidity and temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2016

Industrial
Jun 28, 2016
LY
Please what is the best solution to keep humidity and temperature in warehouse 30-40%;21-27degree.C
Area = 1500m2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

People do that all the time, like in Florida, or even in Los Angeles when the RH gets to 60%+ (!)

However, the likelihood of condensation is extremely high, since the dew points are very high, and there's likely to be a propensity for mold

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

An AC will dehumidify, they just need to provide enough to overcome the humidity gains to the space. Let your engineer design and size it for you.

Summer reheat, winter heating and humidification would also be required in addition to air conditioning. The air conditioning unit must be designed for 50F supply during summer to attain the 40% RH requirement. Summer reheat is required to not overcool the space with the 50F supply air required for dehumidification. Winter humidification is required when outdoor air dewpoint is less than 36F. Refer to pyschrometric chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back