Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

convert dwg file to searchable pdf 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Autocad should have a "DWG to PDF" option in the plotter list, which would plot a PDF with searchable text. There are some Settings/Options in the printer setup that can affect that output, but I think default settings produce a searchable PDF.

#

default settings produce a searchable PDF
unfortunately autocad default settings dose not produce a searchable PDF. I tryed some settings/Options in the printer setup and could not have searchble pdf. for this reason I raised this question. only pdf to dwg.pc3 produce searchable pdf, but cad text are in the comments of pdf files.

IFRs (Petroleum)
Hello, I did Your solution, but the output is a nonsearchable pdf file. my question is:
Is there any way where we can convert the Autocad DWG file to searchable PDF without Autocad SHX Text?
thanks

That's a shame because it says exactly what steps to do to get a searchable PDF. Perhaps you left out exactly what you did that didn't work?

Or, and this is just a guess, you are on such an old version of ACAD that none of that applies?

Another question - what FONTS DO YOU USE?

I'm guessing English is your second language? Dave was not shaming you.

It looked to me like the support article should have answered the question, although I haven't tried the procedure.

The quote above truncated the address. Perhaps you didn't get the full path. Link

If that's the problem, the link did work when I clicked it on my response.
But here it is if that fails for 142846

knowledge.autodesk.com/
support/
autocad/
troubleshooting/
caas/
sfdcarticles/
sfdcarticles/
How-to-create-selectable-and-searchable-text-in-a-PDF-from-AutoCAD.html

Again - WHAT VERSION OF AUTOCAD ARE YOU USING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back