Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a animation of a punchtool

Status
Not open for further replies.

lklo

Industrial
Nov 24, 2010
DK
hi

Does anybody have experience with creating a animation of a punchtool "running up and down",using the assembly sequence function in NX 8 ?

I have been asked if it is possible to make a little "movie" ,which will show a punchtool "running up and down" on our website.

lklo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Assembly sequence is a great and easy tool for showing something like that. once you start a new sequence make sure to save your camera position, you can copy and past it at different times in the movie making so that your camera always ends up at the same point. if you make each section move in small steps some up and then others down that should work. once you are happy with how it plays in ug look at the number of frames each step takes and multiply them by around 3x. this will help later. if you are zooming around to different camera positions and want smoother transitions between cameras go to Preferences -> visualization performance -> then the general graphics tab then set the slider at the top to as smooth as possible. then play the video back saving to avi with the play back speed set at 1.
it will take a little bit and be very long but that is ok. once you have your avi done open windows moviemk.exe (its a part of all windos, some times hidden though) drag that into the project are then drag that down to the story board (the thing on the bottom) and right click on it in the time line and the video effect of speed up, double at least around 3x, then save the video out. you are left with a small filezise and faster running video of pretty decent quality, if you have turned on true shading with perspective off and a solid color background.

hi --

thank you for your quick and detailed answer -
I´ll give it a try ,
maybee I can ask you later if I runs into trouble ?

lklo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back