Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating moving joint under another moving joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

soy

Aerospace
Nov 13, 2002
US
Greeting everyone. I have been trying to create a multi moving joints in CATIA DMU. It was able to create an mechanism, simulation, and sequence. However, If I tried to create an additional joint (mechanism) under another joint (mechanism) the parts that supposed to move along the other joint get left over. I have tried to merge two products into one component but this did not help either. Just in case if my question was not clear.

For example,,,
1. There is two gear with gear joint
2. Each gear has an slot bar with a prismatic joint
3. Now if I simulate the gear joint, the slot bar will be left at the original position.

Does Catia allow the used to define an secondary mechanism under relative parts? Any information will be greatly appriciated.

happy drafting everyone ^_^
soy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

Can you send your files (zipped with simplified CATParts).
I have latest version... wich one r u using ?

Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

HI Eric.

I greatly appricate for your help again. I would like you send you the small example of a CATIA file that I have a problem on but is it okay to send to the following address? (catiav5@softhome.net)

I have tried some other way to solve this problem but the moving part is still staying at the orginal position.

Thank you for your response and I look forward for your response

Wish you happy ChrisMax and Happy new year ^_^
soy

i just had a class in the DMU and we were told if you have a subassembly you need to define the movements in the subassembly and it will carry over to the assembly.

Hi soy,

Sorry I didn't check every Thread since dec 17th...

But I m back and Yes it is safe (I should be the only one to have the password) to send me file to this email... or if you prefer another one ask me thru this one so I can reply to you directly.. Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Hey Eric.
Sorry that I have not send you back an email for a long time. I was in Japan due to the job and now I am back. I would still love to know how to work the multipule joint problem that I had, if you have a chance to look at my work.

This is my personal learning task that I am trying to work it out so no need of rush. It would be great if you could help me out.

cordially,
soy

hi soy,

yep, you can try catiaV5@softhome.net... if the file is too big, give me your email, i 'll give you another @.

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back