Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosshatch in detailed view

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudvdBrand

Computer
Aug 6, 2012
NL
Hello,

I'm using NX 7.5.5.4 and facing a issue with crosshatch in drafting.
When i placing a detailed view of a section view i notice that the crosshatch settings are the same.

I was suspecting that the crosshatch was also scaling up with the detailed view.
Now i know that i can make the detailed view independent but that's not what i want.

Does anybody knows a work around for this problem?

Thanks

Ruud

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right mouse click on the view and click on make independent, then you can change your hatching variables.
I am not at work right now, but I think I got this right.

Thanks Jerry for the response.

It is only that i don't want to make the detailed view independent.

The view will still update if the part model changes, when the detail view made independent.

I think it's just that the view's properties (in Style) will be independent of its parent view.

RuudvdBrand said:
When i placing a detailed view of a section view i notice that the crosshatch settings are the same.

I was suspecting that the crosshatch was also scaling up with the detailed view.

Are you sure that that's what you want, that is, "scaling up" the crosshatch settings?

I mean, this is what that would look like, but you would need to edit it to get that result:

Detatiled_Crosshatch_scaled_zps0abeec2f.png

But don't you think the image below looks better? I do, and besides, this is what you get for 'free' without having to mess with changing the 'Independent' status or editing any Settings:

Detatiled_Crosshatch_same_zpse40cdc37.png

But whatever, the 'Convert to Independent' option simply means that you can set the Display Settings to be DIFFERENT in the Deatiled View as opposed to the Settings used in the parent view. As for associative updates when the Model or the view boundary or location changes, that will continue to work irrespective of whether the detail view is 'Independent' or not.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,

thanks for the information.
I sometimes have te problem that the angle of the crosshatch change when i make a detail view of a section.
Is there a setting for this or not?

Ruud

That shouldn't happen. If it does, contact GTAC and provide them with the example file where this is occuring.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I wonder if the "assembly crosshatching" setting was not inherited by detail view from the parent view.

That should have no effect.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back