Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cursorily Review of Concrete Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_Crouse

Structural
Dec 28, 2020
US
Would someone involved in daily RC Concrete design mind looking over an equipment slab I setup.

In summary, the pad is an equipment pad designed to accommodate (3) uniform wall loads of approx 450 LBS/FT.

The equipment is a chiller skid weighing approximately 17,000 LBS with the pad sized to accept (2) future units.

I designed the PAD using the PCA (basically the slab on grade subject to heavy load document) method and double-checked it with the Gradslab spreadsheet (the slab on grade spreadsheet from the website).

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance
-Tim C.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c8bf854c-f266-4beb-a33d-cbb9bc6605c6&file=Project_Concrete_Equipment_Slab_Details.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's the inside corner for an 'L' shaped slab. I'm not sure for that one, but the insertion point for the block was the inside corner of concrete.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back