Curve Maximum or Minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

catiaUSR

Aerospace
Apr 9, 2014
US
Hey Folks

I have a 'Project Curve' curve of a sketch spline projected onto a curved surface.

I would like to create a point (3D sketch, I suppose) that lies on the Project Curve and is the closest point on that curve to a plane of my choice (my part symmetry plane).

How can I do that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Judging by your handle you are thinking of the extremum point command in Catia. Unfortunately, I do not know of a similar command in SWx. Situations similar to this causes many headaches with the tree turning RED. My suggestion is to try multiple different ways to get the same design intent and hopefully one will be stable and robust. I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

Hey rstuppleeen

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. That sucks. Hmmm.. I'll think about other ways then. I tried using a line in a 3D sketch and making it coincident with the curve and then making a point that lay on both. That didn't work out great.

Thanks for the help!

Having trouble understanding the question. Can you create a sketch on the plane you want then select the projected curve and use convert entity and add a point? The point would be on the plane you want and the projected curve.

download.aspx

Rob Stupplebeen
www.optimaldevice.com

catiaUSR,

[ol]
[li]From the point in your curve, draw a sketch line to the plane of your choice.[/li]
[li]Draw a second sketch line through the point in your curve, perpendicular to the first sketch line.[/li]
[li]Make your curve tangent to the second sketch line.[/li]
[/ol]

Make sure your spline curves away from the tangent point.

--
JHG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back