Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Curve not forming closed loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcanelli

Industrial
Nov 30, 2007
US
I am trying to make a closed surface from four curves. The 'intersection guide curve is made from two intersecting surfaces and should be good by default. The other two profiles called 'Wave profile inside and outside' appear to be connected to the intersecting guide curve and yet I get the error message 'The selected curve must form a closed loop' when I try create a surface from a closed boundary and SolidEdge does not show what is not closed. Anyone see anything obviously wrong? Part is made in V20. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

the endpoints of both 'Wave Profiles' are not connected to
the endpoints of the 'Intersection guide curve'. If there
are connectors shown select them and delete them until
none is left then try to connect (best would be to hide
all except the WaveProfiles and the GuideCurves before
your start)

After you have finished this a bounded surface can be created
but make sure to select ALL segments of those curves

Good luck

dy

I understand, but how can I delete the connectors when I cant even see them. When I go to edit profile and select the profile the connectors are not seen. Only when I apply a connection with the connect tool can I see the cross indicating a connection but I they dont seem selectable as individual entities.

Don,

Thanks for that. I was able to connect the curves and make a bound surface.

If I could trouble you for the next step. I now need to trim the intersection of the wave bounded surface with the plate surface sweep that it lies on. Using the trim surface tool fails saying the input curves overlap. It seems I need to isolate the upper and lower curve for trimming. I tried to do this using curve intersection (intersection 5) but as you can see it doesn't make a complete intersection. If you have an idea on this I would welcome it.

Thanks

Jeff

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c429bd5c-540c-4fda-8725-b6736d91c180&file=wave_plate_lower_modified_6.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back