Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Symbol Creation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbylls

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2011
US
I have created a custom in NX 8.5, but cannot save it for re-use.
I have set an environmental variable UGII_SYMBOL_LIBRARY_DIR=C:\Program Files\UGS\Symbol Library
I have set the Customer Default GATEWAY>Reuse Library>Symbols Library and added line "Custom Symbols|C:\Program Files\UGS\Symbol Library"
The Library shows up in the "Define Custom Symbol" window.
But when I go to save the symbol, I get an error message "Invalid folder input, No access.
I have change the folders to several other ones, on and off the network, different directories on my HD and still get the same thing.
Am I missing something?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would assume that you've checked that you have Read/Write access to these folders, correct?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi,
We have the exact same problem on our native setup.
NX8.0.3.4 MP8.
Have also tried many different folders local and on a network drive.
It is the same for all users on our site.

NX8.0.3.4 TC 9.1.2.3.
HP Z820 / QuadroK4000

I just did a test in NX8.5.3 and was getting the same "Invalid folder input, No access" error.

The docs state: The folders created in the preceding steps are root folders only. You cannot add symbols to these root folders.
So I right clicked the custom library in the navigator, created a folder and then I can add a new custom symbol to the folder.
Even checked in C:\Program Files\UGS\Symbol Library and the folder I created appears and the symbol I saved is there as well.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX5.0.6, NX6.0.5, NX7.5.5, NX8.0.0 -> NX8.0.3
NX8.5.0 -> NX8.5.3, NX9.0.0 -> NX9.0.2, NX10 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back