Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Customer defaults was locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nam Dao

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2021
US
Hi everyone, I have a problem when I try to apply the allow promote body option in the customer defaults. That option was grayed out and it had a lock next to it. How can I unlock and apply that option?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check with your admin, it may be locked due to company policies.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I spoke with him and he had no idea how to unlock it. He has full permission to log in teamcenter as DBA. The problem right now that is he doesn't how to turn off the lock. Yesterday the admin guy and I were troubleshooting a little bit. On the customer default level, we could change it to SITE but it had read only option next to it "Site(read only)". So how can we change it to only Site?

This has nothing to do with TC; it is an NX setting. First, you need to find out where the site settings are being read from; you can get this information from the NX log file (open NX, menu -> help -> log file). Search for "nx_site.dpv". Somewhere near the start of the log file will be a message telling you where this file is located. Something like "Processing customer default values file {path to file}\nx_site.dpv". Whoever is in charge of changing the option must have read/write permissions on the site preferences file.

www.nxjournaling.com

So let say if I found it's located in c:\system\nx_site.dpv. so basically we just need to right click on the .dpv file choose properties and give the full read/write permisssion?

Usually, it is saved on a network drive (the C:\drive almost always refers to the local drive) so that everyone in the company points to the same file; this way only a single file needs to be changed to update the options for everyone. If the file you found is on your local drive and it is the one referenced by NX, it will only affect your NX install.

But yes, whoever is in charge of the settings file needs to have full read/write permissions to change the settings.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi cowski,

I found it on the network drive nx120_site.dpv. The admin gave me the read/write permission however I still couldn't change it. I closed my Nx and teamcenter, then opened it again. It's still showing Site(read only) and didn't let me save.

Make sure you have read/write to the folder it resides in as well. I've had issues in the past with that.

-Dave

NX 12, Windchill 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back