Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customise Command Ribbon in ST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidMastermind

Computer
Jan 7, 2009
GB
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I like this type of customization; it's a shame that we have to wait so long.

Moving ribbons around.
I'm with ProDarwin on this one. Being right handed with a lazy left eye ;-) I do prefer to have all mouse actions to the right of my main screen or on the dual to my right.
I quite often drop the Pathfinder on to the right-hand screen, especially on large assemblies.

Am I seeing this right - we now have a 'Solids' group that doesn't actually show us the commands on it, or has that interface already been customised?
That's another click required to open the group.
I REALLY hate this jumbled mess of different coulours and sizes.
Please Siemens, drop this garbage now and get back to something clean and simple - it looks like a primary school colouring book.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

BC,

no, only in this case: the screen is not wide enough and thus
Windows did collapse the Solid group. It will do it from right
to left until all 'groups/buttons' fit. Also keep in mind that
this in from an early stage of development

dy

ProDarwin,

Sorry,I misunderstood. Since ribbons are horizontal, I pictured you moving the whole thing to another monitor - so unless your monitors are stacked, I couldn't think of a way it would be useful.

Sound like what you really meant was to move all the buttons to another monitor (probably in a vertical layout).

Mark

This is great, but the fact is, it should have already been included in ST with the ribbon's introduction.

Basically, SE users lost functionality between V20 and ST3, and had to wait 3 years (3 years!!!!) to get true UI customizing back. And what about those who've since stopped subscription and are stuck with ST's poor UI?

The whole Ribbon saga is not only baffling, but infuriating.

Gemnoc,

This is true, I'm seriously considering dropping Maintenance this year (due Sept) so far I have paid 3 years. Which in New Zealand equates to $10,000.

In hindsight I should have stuck with V20, then reinvested in ST20 ;-) in a few years.

The savings would have been considerable, could have brought my wife a new car ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back