Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Cutting existing footing flush to wall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnneutralAxis

Structural
Apr 5, 2009
US
I have an existing footing with concrete stem wall sitting on top of it, centered. I need to cut the footing flush with one face of the stem wall for a length of about 5 ft in a few locations for a project. Do you know of any easy methods of doing this besides placing several vertical kerfs with a diamond blade then hammering it out?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mostly because it is no longer load bearing.

To explain why will take much effort on both our parts. I am simply wondering if anyone has any experience cutting concrete flush to an existing object along a vertical plane.

You could line drill, although you won't be exactly flush, then chip of the concrete. Another method would be to waterblast using a wand then flame cut the bars. Or just jack hammer it off.

Late to the game here, but given adequate work space you can get very close (maybe 1") with a track mounted diamond wet saw.
I have hired companies in the past to do horizontal curb cutting and they were able to cut the curb within 1/2" of the street.

how about a series of "stitch" cores? and then chisel off the remainder afterwards.
i have found lately that contractors prefer stitch coring to saw cutting for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back