Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dart feature fail in a certain interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankHa

Mechanical
Oct 21, 2009
SE
I stumbled upon a weird behaviour when testing the dart function in NX7.0.0.9.

A dart fails, even though I cannot see why, the error message is "The dart tool body pierces through the target body, producing fragmented bodies." But there's plenty of room, and it only occurs on a limited area on that particular feature. 82.8% works, 92.2% works, but not inbetween those values.

Try moving the dart named "Move this dart", to 83.3% and it will fail!
Lowering the depth to 17mm will make it work again, but there's plenty of room above, so I don't see why 18mm won't work.

The part was created inside TcX V5, and I'm not 100% sure that the seed part was a NX7 seed part when the test object was created, so I guess it could be part related.

So, have I misunderstood something about selecting faces or such, or should it work?

Cheers
/Frank

Frank Hagström

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you, I'm a bit curious what it can be :)

The part itself isn't important, as it was just something I did when making sure the TcX integration worked (revised objects and doing a few save as and such), and then I found the dart feature, so I thought I'd test it.
(I'm an old I-DEAS user, but I have to learn NX now :-D)

Frank Hagström

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back