Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Data Reports for Electric Immersion Heater Element Support Plate (ASME VIII Div.1 Mandatory App.41)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurreyScott

Mechanical
Apr 6, 2009
GB
I have a query relating to electric immersion heater element support plates (or tubesheets).
In this case, the electric heater bundle is being supplied by one fabricator, while the containment pressure vessel is being supplied by another.
The containment vessel is being designed and constructed in accordance with ASME VIII Division 1, latest Edition, with 'U' Stamp.
Mandatory Appendix 41 of ASME VIII Division 1 (Electric Immersion Heater Element Support Plates) will be used for the design of the support plate (or tubesheet).
Clause 41-9 of this Appendix (Data Reports) states that: "When all the requirements of this Mandatory Appendix have been met, the following notation shall be entered on the Manufacturer's Data Report under Remarks: "Construction in Conformance with Mandatory Appendix 41, Electric Immersion Heater Element Support Plates."
My query is, which type of Manufacturer's Data Report is required in this case (ASME U-1, U1-A or Partial Data Report U-2, U-2A)?
Clause 41-9 is not clear.
The tube to tubesheet joint will be of the bite coupling (compression fitting) type. There will be no welding on the tubesheet.
Due to schedule constraints, the heater bundle will be installed at site, not in the vessel fabricator's shop.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What Does Your AI say? In My Opinion, the Manufacturer (on MDR) that is responsible for the design.... in accordance with Mandatory Appendix 41 .........needs to indicate as such on the MDR they certify. It could be U-1 or U-2...

FAQ731-376 A question properly stated is a question half solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back