Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Default Tolerances 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2005
Ok I give up - I want to change the default tolerances for my parts in Pro/E Wildfire 5 (soon to be Creo 1). I want three decimal places to go to +/- .005"

I've placed the following tag in my config.pro: "linear_tol_0.000 .005"
but in the corner of the screen (tolerance display enabled) it still says "x.xxx +-0.001"

Is my syntax wrong? Does this option live somwhere else inside my part template?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is correct but it will only affect a new part that does not use a template. If you have an existing part you must change it in the part itself. If you are creating parts from a template you need to change the template.

Thanks for the response, but I just tried creating a new part without using any template "empty" and the default tolerances there still don't match up to the values I've set in my config.pro.

Honestly I'm not even sure how to change the defaults on a part level, although I can modify them individually (as long as it's outside of sketch mode, that one took me a while to work out)

Right - I did get that alternate way to work outside of a part template. I don't know why the 'alternate' way is the only one that works though...

How can I change the defaults in a template or part at the local level?

I don't have WF5 but in ealier versions, you can change the "smart" filter to "Annotation" and pick the tolerances in the graphic window for the 4 that are shown. For some reason, you don't have to mess with the smart filter in drawing mode.

The only way I know to change the ones that are not shown is to make a drawing and create a note with the parameters. Then you can change the value in the note which changes the value in the model.

&linear_tol_0.0000 in a note would display as the default tolerance on a 4 decimal place dimension.

Alright, that filter selection was apaprently the trick (hopefully that is fixed later on since it doesn't really make any sense). Star for your efforts, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back