Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete curve in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMemphis

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2013
GB
Hi all,

Don't know if this is possible but i have an assembly and used assembly cut, and synchronous modelling, i have 'deleted' the face of a hole but i am stuck with the 'thread' curve, is there any way i can delete this curve within the assembly as it is no longer needed, or is my only option to 'hide' them?
Thanks
James

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since those 'curves' are actually part of the Hole features in the Components, I suspect that the only practical solution is to Hide them.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Thanks, yeah i have hidden them at the moment, didn't know if there was a way around it

The reason for doing it this way is because i have 2 similar components, part A and part B, the difference between them is that part B has less holes but uses the same base as part A but they need to be updated together, so instead of having 2 separate model they both work of part A model and then i use synchronous modelling on part B to remove the un-needed holes. Does that make sense?

Regards

James

Here's an alternative: you could model part B (the one with less holes), then wave link the body into part A and add the other required holes in the part A file. Both will update when part B is edited and part B won't have the unnecessary holes.

www.nxjournaling.com

There's another thing that you might wish to try.

Open the detailed part file and then edit the Reference Set and explicitly deselect the offending curves. In that way, they should not appear when the Component part if added to an Assembly as long as you use the Reference Set that you just edited/updated.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back