Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete no show items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Erase - click on NS - write *SPC on keyboard or chose to select what you want from pull down menu - push Enter - Yes to switch from No Show - click on other command.

You can find also another way to do it....

Regards
Fernando

ferdo

I followed your steps and it erased all the show items and the no show items are still there. Can you please help?

Erase - NoShow - Yes (will swich also to Show button on the right menu) - select what you want - again erase - Yes to swich again.

Sorry, I didn't use v4 for few months... :)

Regards
Fernando

Hi,

Are you working in 3D or 2D? For 3D, if you want to select everything you have to write *SPC and hit enter or choose for example a colour (*COL5 - colour number 5, hope I remember corectly because I don't have now a v4 workstation in the office) or something else...

You can use also Select pull down menu to select what you want.

Same thing for 2D.

Maybe it will be also good for you to read the on-line help (if its installed).

Regards
Fernando

I am working with 3D.
I have imported an iges file, put all unwanted geometry in NO SHOW and now I am trying to erase them to reduce the file size but I think I am missing a step.
After choosing erase from where I choose the NO SHOW? from the right hand side menu under the ERASE or from the bottom toolbar?

1) Use FK Erase
2) Select No-Show from menu bar
3) Select Yes to switch to no-show space
4) Select Erase from menu bar
5) Key in "*spc" to erase all space elements in no-show

If you are trying to delete surfaces in no-show.

Surfaces that are parents to faces can not be deleted, these will always be part of the model, you can not delete those.

I know it's a late one, but may be useful for the future...
There is a command named KEEP. Leave out in the show workspace everything you need and run KEEP, write down *SPC on keyboard and everything else except your desired elements and their possible parents are gone. Beware, this will also erase your layer filters too!

Best regards,
Stely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back