Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delta Note in NX8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew2323

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2007
US
Greetings!

Our company switched to NX8.5 from SolidWorks about 6 months ago. I joined the team two months ago and haven't had much formal training in NX8.5...

Thus far, most of the work has been in modeling and assemblies and now it's time for some drafting. I'm starting a new drawing and want to know if I can add a delta symbol with a number inside of it to my general notes.

Thanks,
Matthew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best bet is to create a note with a 'gap' and then add a 'Triangle-Up' symbol into the gap. And if you position it correctly it will be attached to the note so that if you move the note then it will move with it as well, as I've done below:

DeltaSymbolinanote_zpsf7446fbd.png

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

How do you "position it correctly," so that it attaches? When I drag the delta note close to the other text it does try to snap in place but when I move the text string the delta lags behind and both entites end up in different places.

If I multi-select the note and the delta they travel together. Not a bad solution but not ideal either.

Is there a command to link the text other than positioning it correctly? Any plans in the works to have the Text editor simply be able to make one string of text from a variety of text formats?

Thanks,
Matthew

Actually you can only align it Horizontally or Vertically, but not both at the same time. Sorry.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

You can edit the symbol's origin and assign it an associative X and Y offset from the note. This way when the note moves, the symbol stays in the same relationship. The downside is that you will have to find X and Y values that work for you, the alignment in this case is not automatic. Also, I'd suggest making sure the note alignment location is set to top left before editing the symbol's origin; otherwise the symbol's reference point will change location if/when the note text changes.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back